DUI - Frequently Asked Questions
Please click on the questions below for more information on Virginia DUI law:
Hiring an Attorney
Field Sobriety Tests
- Do I have to do Field Sobriety Tests and the Five Reasons You Should Refuse to Take Them
- The three most common field sobriety tests
- What if I can't do the field sobriety tests?
Preliminary Breath Test
- What is a preliminary breath test?
- Do I have to submit a preliminary breath test?
- Can the results of the preliminary breath test be used against me in court?
- What evidence does a police officer have to have before he can arrest me?Can I be charged with a DUI even though I'm not driving my car?
- Can I be charged with a DUI even though I'm not driving my car?
- Can I be arrested if I blow below the legal limit?
- Can I be arrested even if I haven't had anything to drink?
- Do I have to take the breath test at the jail or police station?
- What is the legal limit in Virginia?
- Can I still be arrested even if I blow below the legal limit?