DUI - Frequently Asked Questions
Most people who are charged with DUI have a lot of questions. That's a good thing. DUI is one of the most complicated areas of criminal law. It's actually more complicated than a lot of much more serious crimes. I've put together a list of common questions that I hear from my clients.
Please click on the questions below for more information on Virginia DUI law:
Hiring an Attorney
Field Sobriety Tests
- Do I have to do Field Sobriety Tests and the Five Reasons You Should Refuse to Take Them
- The three most common field sobriety tests
- What if I can't do the field sobriety tests?
Preliminary Breath Test
- What is a preliminary breath test?
- Do I have to submit a preliminary breath test?
- Can the results of the preliminary breath test be used against me in court?
- What evidence does a police officer have to have before he can arrest me?
- Can I be charged with a DUI even though I'm not driving my car?
- Can I be arrested if I blow below the legal limit?
- Can I be arrested even if I haven't had anything to drink?
- What if the police don't read me my rights?